- Barington Capital sent another letter to Eastern Co., where it was seeking getting two members elected to the board.
- Zoetis agreed with Pershing Square to put Paul Bisaro on the board.
- Lone Star Value Management sent a letter to Dakota Plains Holdings, urging the company to pursue strategic alternatives.
- Cannell Capital calls for shareholders to cast a “withhold vote” for all company backed directors of TheStreet board.
- Rosetta Stone put Nierenberg Investment Management founder David Nierenberg on its board after a three year long battle.
New campaigns –
- Praesidium Investment Management goes active on Quanex Building Products, with a 7.2% stake.
- Maguire Asset Management and a group of other shareholders went active on iPass with a 7.7% stake looking to get nominees on the board.
Ownership changes –
- Farallon Capital cut its stake in Hudson Pacific Properties by close to 60%. Now owning 4.1% of the company.
- Chieftain Capital upped its stake in Tempur Sealy marginally, but also reiterated that it’s been having discussions with management to overhaul the board. The fund owns 5.8% of the mattress company.
- Starboard Value upped its Integrated Silicon Solutions stake by 30% to 3.14mm shares. Now owning 9.9% of the company.
- Atlantic Investment Management dumped nearly 50% of its Oil States stake. The fund now owns just around 4% of the oil company.
Interesting activist reads around the web –
- Breaking Up Qualcomm May Be Hard to Do, WSJ
- Activist leads America’s biggest iron miner out of Ring of Fire, but not danger, Fortune
- Beware Betting Against Short Sellers, WSJ
- MGM Resorts Urged to Pursue REIT by Land & Buildings’ Litt, Bloomberg
- Director Ousted in Vail Resorts Board Dustup Speaks Out, MoneyBeat