People say wall street salaries are out of control, but it’s worse than many of us think. Here a look at the real wolves of Wall Street.
Wall Street Wolves: Top 5 earners
Top 5 earners, 2013 (ALL Hedge fund managers…includes percentage fees)
- $1.5 billion, James Simons, Renaissance Technologies
- $1.2 billion, Stephen Cohen, SAC Capital
- $1.2 billion, Kenneth Griffin, Citadel Investment Group
- $1.1 billion, T. Boone Pickens, B.P. Capital
- $950 million, George Soros, Soros Fund Management
The average pay of Wall Street employees, including salary and bonuses, was $360,700 in 2012 (latest statistics).
Still, that’s more than 5X the average worker pay in the U.S.
$34,645: average U.S. worker salary
3%: average pay raise in 2014 for average U.S. worker (third year in a row at 3%)
The Real Wolves Of Wall Street [INFOGRAPHIC]