This is going to become one of the best conferences ever. Besides a top noch line-up, the cause is fantastic and 100% of revenue goes to the cause. ValueWalk will be covering the conference and although it is not for a couple of months make sure to check out the latest news, and sign up for our free newsletter to get all the updates from the conference. Check out the latest announcement below.
- Leading North American investors to present investment ideas
- Conference aims to raise funds to support children’s health in Canada and pediatric cancer research in the United States
June 30, 2014(Toronto), The Sohn Conference Foundation and Capitalize for Kids are pleased to announce the inaugural “Sohn Conference Canada Presented By Capitalize for Kids” which will take place October 23 and 24, 2014 at Arcadian Court, Toronto. The two organizations are partnering to host the first annual investor conference in Toronto that will bring together some of the most successful investors in the region and globally to present their investment ideas and raise money to support children’s health and pediatric cancer awareness, prevention and treatment. All proceeds will go to support the Foundations’ respective missions.
Sohn Conference and Capitalize for Kids speakers
Speakers at the event include:
- Sahm Adrangi, Managing Partner, Kerrisdale Capital Management
- Lee Ainslie III, Founder, Maverick Capital
- Chuck Akre, CEO & Managing Partner, Akre Capital Management
- Scott Ferguson, Managing Partner, Sachem Head Capital Management
- Guy Gottfried, Founder and Manager, Rational Investment Group
- Jody Lanasa III, Founder & Managing Partner, Serengeti Asset Management
- Marc Lasry, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Avenue Capital Group
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Glenview Capital Management
- Jeffrey Smith, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer, Starboard Value
- John Thiessen, Founding Partner and Portfolio Manager, Vertex One Asset Management
- Michael Thompson, Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager, BHR Capital
- Evan Vanderveer, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Vanshap Capital
- Brian Zeid, Founder & CIO, Charter Bridge Capital Management
- Frank Brosens ,Co-Founder, Taconic Capital Advisors
- Steven Shapiro, Founding Partner, GoldenTree
- Jamie Dinan, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, York Capital Management
- Jacob Doft, Founding Partner, Highline Capital Management
- Jeff Hales, Founding Partner & Portfolio Manager, Alignvest Capital Management
Details regarding conference registration, ticket packages and sponsorship opportunities can be found on the website.
Evan Sohn, co-founder of the Sohn Conference Foundation, said: “The Sohn Foundation is excited to be in Canada as it is an important partner to the US and a leader in the global financial marketplace. We look forward to joining forces with Capitalize for Kids and hope to together save lives by supporting cutting edge research, training the best and brightest pediatric specialists and funding bold initiatives to move forward the science of pediatric health.”
Kyle MacDonald and Jeff Gallant, co-founders of Capitalize for Kids, commented: “Capitalize for Kids is proud to announce our partnership with The Sohn Foundation, an organization which has raised over $50 million for the advancement of child health. Our combined resources will not only speed advances in child health research and development, but also expand the Capitalize for Kids vision of creating a community of investment professionals “doing well by doing good”.
For conference inquiries, donations, pledges, and/or for investment professionals to register your interest in attending, please contact the conference organizers at: [email protected]