Joining Bloomberg Television’s Erik Schatzker and Stephanie Ruhle as guest host on this morning’s “Market Makers,” Sprint Corporation (NYSE:S)’s President/CEO Daniel Hesse said T-Mobile Us Inc (NYSE:PCS)’s Legere is his peer and not his worst nightmare, “He used to work for me. He is doing a fine job…I don’t think John is ever going to stop egging me on.” Hesse later said it would not bother him if he did not run a merged T-Mobile/Sprint. Hesse also said:
– Sprint Corporation (NYSE:S) super-fast network ‘spark’ in parts of NYC.
– Spark Networks Inc (NYSEMKT:LOV) upgrade large and complex, taking time.
– Spark will be a broadband alternative to landline.
– The U.S. is a telecom duopoly with 80% of profit.
– Price war not sustainable, harder for small company.
– Spark will make us more competitive in the market.
– Strong number 3 player will challenge the bigger two.
– Ad spending is like an arms race, can’t let up.
– Content is an important part of our future.
– Music quality has lagged in mobile, HD audio coming.
– Spotify will usher in a new era for smartphones.
– Mobile moving beyond phones to interest of things.
– Softbank deal has moved a lot of short-term holders out.
– With Softbank Corp (OTCMKTS:SFTBF) (TYO:9984) holding 80%, activists aren’t a big issue.
– Meets with Softbank a day and half every month in California.
Wireless Needs Strong No. 3 to Compete:
Sprint Wants to Bring High-Res Music to Your Phone: