About the author

avatar

Michelle Jones

Michelle Jones was a television news producer for eight years. She produced the morning news programs for the NBC affiliates in Evansville, Indiana and Huntsville, Alabama and spent a short time at the CBS affiliate in Huntsville. She has experience as a writer and public relations expert for a wide variety of businesses.

  • Munuos

    Jim, if you are going to state something as “facts are facts” you might want to be an electrician or consult one. My oven could short out and want to draw infinite current, but the house circuits are designed and NEC rules are to protect the house which includes the wall socket, the wiring back to the electrical panel, the electrical panel, and the power from the street. Nothing done past the socket should cause an unsafe condition from the socket back to and including any of those components.

    Orange County Fire Authority – Official Incident Report – “The most probable cause of this fire is a high resistance connection at the wall socket or the Universal Mobile Connector from the Tesla charging system plugged int the 240V wall socket.” Translation it was the wall socket (see NEC Codes) or the Universal Mobile Connector (translation – plug), neither of which is the Tesla Model S itself. It could be argued that the Universal Mobile Connector was faulty in construction or assembly (not a Model S problem!) but then you would have to argue with the manufacturer of that particular plug.

  • Jim Manis

    Was the charging cord not a tesla product? If it was a Subaru would there have been a fire? I’m sorry if you’re stocks took a dip but the facts are facts. The author bends over backward pointing out any possible excuse that would let tesla off the hook. The fact still remains the cars charging system was faulty or there would be nothing to redesign and no need for a software patch. If it isn’t broke there isn’t anything to fix.

  • Ernie

    …of course the garage fire is an old story, so understandably very few people would be confused here.

  • Ernie

    “In November, a Model S caught fire inside a garage.” When you are publishing a story like this, it’s important that what you say, especially with such straightforward language, is grounded in fact. From Reuters:

    “The November residential fire on the campus of the University of California-Irvine caused $25,000 of damage to the garage and its contents, but the Model S sustained only smoke damage, and no one in the house was injured, according to the Orange County Fire Authority’s report.”

    Simply put, the Model S did not “catch fire” as you said in your article, and suggesting that it did is misleading to investors.

Copyright © 2014 Valuewalk.com

Developed by Wordpress Junction

Share with your friends










Submit
Share with your friends










Submit