Eton Park Capital Management is a hedge fund that was set up by former Goldman Sachs Executive Eric Mindich in 2004. Mindich was the youngest partner in the history of Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), and specialized in equity risk arbitrage.
The fund has a diverse portfolio investing in both private and public markets, with several stakes in companies in emerging markets.
Here’s a look at the recent 13F filing by Eton Park Capital Management for its holdings as at June 30, 2012.
Overall fund movement for June 30, 2012
- Market value – down by about $2.97 billion
- New investments – 16 stocks
- Added to existing – 9 stocks
- Completely sold – 13 stocks
- Partly sold from existing – 9 stocks
- Percentage of top 10 holdings – 55.38 percent
- The holdings are concentrated in Services, Technology, Utilities, Basic Materials, ETFs, Healthcare, Financial and Industrial Goods sectors.
Top 5 Holdings as a percentage of portfolio
- News Corp (NASDAQ:NWSA) – 14.41%
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) – 6.64%
- NIELSEN HOLDINGS BV EO-07 (FRA:2N9A) – 6.62%
- eBay Inc (NASDAQ:EBAY) – 5.52%
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG) – 4.95%
Top 5 New Stocks Added as a percentage of portfolio
- Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C) – 7.06%
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) – 6.34%
- Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI) – 1.77%
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) – 1.69%
- Market Vectors Etf Trust (NYSEARCA:GDX) – 0.93%
Top 5 Stocks Sold Out as a percentage of previous portfolio
- [email protected] SHARES (TYO:1326) – 18.94%
- iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Indx (ETF) (NYSEARCA:EEM) – 11.39%
- Medco Health Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS) – 3.44%
- El Paso Corporation Preferred Stock (NYSE:EP-C) – 3.29%
- BP plc (ADR) (NYSE:BP) – 2.86%
Mindich has a very strategic focus for his fund and concentrates on merger arbitrage, long/short equity strategies and private investments.