Tomorrow, Wednesday May 16th from 12PM-6PM EST we will be providing live coverage of the Ira Sohn Conference. The goal of the conference is to raise money for pediatric cancer research. Each speaker at the conference pitches their favorite investment (usually equity) idea. Here is the all-star lineup of some various famous investors, and two great academics:
- Bill Ackman, Pershing Square Capital
- Dwight Anderson, MP of Ospraie Management
- Dan Ariely, Professor, and expert in Behavioral finance
- David Einhorn, CEO of Greenlight Capital
- Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO of Doubleline, Bond Guru
- Jonathan Kolatch, CEO of Redwood Capital
- Philippe Laffont, PM of Coatue Management
- John Lykouretzos, PM of Hoplite
- Steve Mandel, CEO of Lone Pine Capital
- John Paulson, PM of Paulson & Co
- Larry Robbins, CEO of Glenview Capital Management
- Kenneth Rogoff, Professor, Co-Author of Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
- John Wilder, Chairman of Bluescape Resources
- Meryl Witmer, GP at Eagle Capital Partners
Also, Michael Price will be introducing the person with the best stock idea. The contest was judged by Michael Price, Bill Ackman, David Einhorn, Joel Greenblatt, and Seth Klarman.
You can follow our live updates on each speakers’ pitch by looking at links we will post below or by checking the site on a regular basis. David Einhorn we suspect will have a short idea, and that usually means the stock drops 10%+ in a few minutes. So make sure to check back frequently, or subscribe via Feed, or Twitter. To get a summary of events you can subscribe to our email list or ‘like’ us on Facebook.
6:07PM EST MAy, 15th: A massive amount of 13-Fs were just filled, which reveal current equity positions from the first quarter. Since the speakers will likely reveal a new position, it will be something they have purchased sometime between April 1st-May 15th, or credit, short or a foreign equity. We also will be providing the exact speaker order as soon as we receive it tomorrow.
11:00am EST: We just arrived at the conference. It is expected to begin at 11:15AM EST, we will be posting the schedule of speakers shortly.
11:15a: EST Below is the schedule of speakers, note it likely will be slightly off because some speakers will go over allotted time (all times are EST and PM):
Follow the hyperlinks on each speaker below to know what they are pitching in conference.
12:15: Opening remarks by Douglas Hirsch
12:20: Kenneth Rogoff
12:35: Larry Robbins
12:50: Jonathan Kolatch
1:05: Dwight Anderson
1:20: Meryl Witmer
2:20: Philippe Laffont
2:35: John Wilder
2:50: Jeffrey Gundlach
3:05: David Einhorn
3:20 Michael Price introduces the contest winner - Winner this year is Shantanu Agrawal with his thesis on Xerox Corporation.
4:30: Dan Ariely
4:45: Steve Mandel
5:00: John Paulson
5:15: John Lykouretzos
5:30: Bill Ackman