Instagram is now available for Android and you can purchase it directly through Google’s new Play store. Until now, Instagram, a popular photo image app was available for iPhone owners only but now Android owners can utilize this app too.
Instagram is a photo editing app that allows the users to take pictures and edit them all on the application. It’s a popular app that comes with many different filters to give the photos a vintage appearance. It also easily allows users to share photos with other Instagram users, social media websites like Facebook and Twitter, and well as email.
The news was first announced at the South by Southwest conference. They also noted that it would probably be even better on the Android. Here is a review of the Instagram app on Google Play:
Instagram – A beautiful way to share your world. It’s fast, free and fun!
Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you’ll want to share with friends and family.
Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see – and follow your friends’ photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you’ll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
- And much much more…
Now that Google finally has secured their own version of Instagram, the narrowing gap between iPhone and Android just got more narrow. This app works with Android 2.2 or later OS updates. (Download Link)